Liberty Urgent Care has received the Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) Accreditation designation.
What Is the UCAOA Accreditation Designation?
Liberty Urgent Care has met or exceeded nationally recognized standards for quality patient care and safety. It has also met certain national criteria that tell you, the patient, about the center, services they offer and when they are available.
What standards has this facility met?
This facility has demonstrated that it has met or exceeded nationally standardized criteria to provide high-level care and excellence in the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Patient Care Processes
- Physical Environment
- Quality Improvement
- Health Record Management
- Patient Privacy/Rights/Responsibilities
- Scope of Care
Additional Facility Criteria for UCAOA Accreditation
It accepts walk-in patients of all ages for a broad spectrum of illness, injury and disease at all times. Some centers are allowed to only treat children, if they identify themselves as a pediatric-only center in their facility name.
It provides X-ray services on site.
It has a laboratory and can do many lab tests on site.
The licensed providers working here are able to perform the following:
- Advanced cardiac life support in an emergency, while 911 is called
- Obtain and read an EKG and X-ray
- Administer oral, intramuscular and intravenous medication and fluids
- Perform minor procedures (like suture, cyst removals, incisions and drainage)
The following equipment is available and the staff are trained to use:
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) or standard defibrillator
- Oxygen and emergency breathing equipment
- Drug cart with some emergency medications
It has two or more exam rooms, a separate waiting area and restricted access patient restrooms for privacy during more extensive visits
The facility is open 7 days a week (not including national holidays) and is open 4 or more hours each day.
A licensed physician (MD/DO) has been designated as the facility’s medical director. That person is responsible for overall clinical quality.